Thursday, October 24, 2013

Who has time?

I don't have time. Not today. I don't have time to write a blog post. I don't have time for the hour long lunch I just took. I don't have time to look through the puzzle books I looked through this morning. I don't have time to just sit here and think about how spacious my office is, or how delicious my milk tea is, or how nice the weather is.

I have to apply for jobs. I have to meet with a student. I have to meet with another student. I have to write tomorrow's exam. I have to make the weekly homework. I have to submit a paper. I have to meet with another student. I have to make a lesson plan.

I have to be a better researcher. I have to be a better teacher. I have to be a better planner. I have to be a better organizer. I have to be more motivated. I have to go to the gym. I have to go for a run. I have to eat less candy.

I don't have time to kiss my fiance when he meets me halfway on my walk home. I don't have time to give the dogs hugs in the street and scratch behind their ears. I don't have time to make these sentences so long. I don't have time for a delicious dinner. I don't have time to cuddle while watching TV. I don't have time to go to bed early.

I don't have time for anything.

So I may as well do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment